Elementary grades 1-5: Grace emphasizes a rigorous academic program in a differentiated learning environment. Our multisensory approach to education meets the needs of a wide variety of learning styles. Our technology includes Promethean interactive white boards, a fully equipped computer lab, iPads and access to individual classroom laptop computers.
Our Elementary School Highlights Include:
- Daily Bible instruction
- Phonics based reading program
- Accelerated Reader
- Challenging Math program
- Social Studies
- Science – Bible based/hands on
- Choral/Instrumental Music/Theater
- Spelling Bee, Talent show
- 5th Grade Star of India trip
- Physical Education program including annual track meet and cross country competition (3rd-8th grades)
- Yearly educational field trips
Extended Day Care and Summer Camp
Grace Christian School provides extended care for our students from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. A summer camp program is available from June to August with a wide variety of activities and outings.
In order to compare student achievement to a broader range of national standards we administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. On average our students place in the 80th percentile nationally. Please contact our School Counselor for questions regarding standardized scores.