The Middle School is departmentalized with subject area experts in each discipline. The classrooms are equipped with either a Promethean interactive white board or a document camera. Middle School students are issued their own Chromebook computer as part of the middle school curriculum. Our hands-on approach to learning includes curriculum enhancing field trips, and science labs. Download the Middle School Handbook HERE.
- Transition well academically and socially into High School
- Attend four year universities
- Campus separated from the grade school by our athletic field
- Faculty members are subject experts for each discipline and are professionally credentialed.
Special events at the Junior High School highlight opportunities to expand the curriculum into the real world. Grace Christian offers the following to Junior High students:
- 6th Grade Camp
- 7th Grade trip to Catalina Island
- 7th Grade Medieval Times
- 7th and 8th Grade Career Days
- 8th Grade 1 week trip to Washington D.C.
- 8th Grade Blue and Gray Ball/Civil War Re-enactment
- 8th Grade Mock Trial
Curricular and Extra Curricular Middle School Highlights
- Bible instruction
- Individual student Chromebook laptops and instruction
- Emphasis in writing skills
- Differentiated Instruction in Math and Language Arts
- Science – Bible based/hands on
- Choral/Instrumental Music/Theater
- Youth Group
- Competitive Sports Program
In order to compare student achievement to a broader range of national standards we administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. On average our students place in the 80th percentile nationally. You may view Grace Christian Test Scores here.